Account Manager, RSi
Chicago - Preferred
At IRI, we deliver growth to clients based on big data-our predictive analytics and forward-thinking insights help CPG, OTC, health care, retailers, and media companies remain relentlessly relevant, capture marketing share, connect with consumers, and deliver market-leading growth. The convergence of our proprietary, on-demand cloud-based technology and our client-focused colleagues leads to a seismic shift in drivers of success in all industries.
For IRI colleagues, we focus on the moments that matter. From meaningful work and impact to continuous improvement we challenge ourselves to grow both professionally and personally. You'll feel a true sense of connection and purpose in your work and will craft the direction of your career in a highly personalized way. No matter the department you join, you'll find yourself constantly growing and developing the skills of the future to deliver client growth. We believe in the undeniable strength that diverse people, culture, thought and skill bring to our business, our clients, our people and our communities. We are committed to nurturing a dynamic culture that embraces and celebrates openness, collaboration, creativity, equity, inclusivity and growth for all.
What will I be doing?
As a part of our RSi division, you'll work alongside the brightest minds in the supply chain space. The Account Manager creates and executes strategic plans to build relationships, drive value and manage issues with the goal of expanding the customer partnership while minimizing the potential for churn. The position's preferred location is Chicago.
- Account Management
- Develop AND execute Strategic Plan for each account to minimize churn by maximizing user adoption and value creation. Ensure RSi is an indispensable partner to the customer and to the customer stakeholders.
- Ensure all customer sponsors are engaged with RSi at the appropriate levels.
- Develop mutually agreed upon objectives for each account and review on a regular cadence.
- Communicate progress with regular scorecards and dashboards.
- Monitor usage data to ensure that existing users remain active and leverage power users as advocates for new users.
- Take action (communication, training, etc.) when users discontinue use of RSi services.
- Ensure that the relationship grid is being actively maintained each month.
- Coordinate weekly, monthly, quarterly meetings with the appropriate customer and RSi stakeholders to track tickets, showcase value, adoption, responsiveness and roadmap for future wins, etc.
- Ensure coordination with local channel teams to align activities to drive toward ultimate goals within plan.
- Increase adoption for existing accounts by expanding active user base to new personnel.
- Manage all new accounts in accordance with RSi standard 90 day plan.
- Provide training on product functionality and templates.
- Setup dashboards to stimulate early adoption across full range of users.
- Create and present use cases for customer collaboration sharing.
- Share best practices across assigned accounts.
- Conduct analysis, report creation and other duties as requested by the customer in support of user adoption.
- Deliver account reviews to internal executive stakeholders.
- Provide executives and key stakeholders with regular account updates and escalate when there is a burning issue or churn risk.
- Share best practices with global peers.
- Ensure that your accounts are well informed of new product releases, changes / issues with data, tips and tricks, upcoming events, etc.
- Notify sales execs of new opportunities within the account.
- Measurement / Value Creation
- Contribute to RSi marketing efforts related to success stories, awards and best practices, when allowed within customer agreement.
- Provide coaching and guidance on CBPs, use cases and methodologies for measuring results.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) with 2+ years of relevant supply chain, operations, category management or related experience (preferably in the CPG or Retail Industries).
- Excellent people skills and ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills demonstrated by experience and references; experience developing data-driven analytical models of various operations/ policies.
- Proficiency in Excel or other data analysis /mining software is a must.
- Solid understanding of forecasting and replenishment policies and practices.
- Proven project management skills: conceptualizing, planning, estimating and executing.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong customer presentation skills.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality results in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of related enterprise software applications (e.g. SAP, Retail Link, Retek, etc.) is highly valued.
- Experience working with retail point-of-sale and syndicated data (e.g. Neilsen and IRI) is highly valued.
Demonstrates IRI competencies:
- Client Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Culturally and emotionally intelligent
- Intellectually curious
- Tech and digitally fluent
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world's largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, virtual doctor access, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people - the best in the business.
We're thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new "aha moments!" by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.